- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- General discussions • Should the FCC mandate C-QUAM AM stereo for FM receivers?
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- Podcast Survivor: Stitcher Awards 2013 open for nominations, Tom Scharpling turned down a Best Show paycheck, +more
- Eclectic gifts for the radio, podcast and streaming music fan (or nerd)
- Want to revitalize AM radio? Start with better receivers
- Radio Free America crowdfunds free streaming & community platform for college radio
- Six awesome SoundCloud dance radio stations
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Author Archives: Jennifer Waits
It’s no secret that I’m a bit enamored with high school radio. I’ve visited a handful of school district-owned stations (although only one was focused solely on student content) and feel like high school stations provide a tremendous opportunity for … finish reading High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
As the FCC works its way through the recent batch of LPFM applications, we’re continuing to see some reports from college radio stations who are anxiously awaiting news. One such applicant, Middlesex Community College in Middletown, Connecticut, is hoping to … finish reading College Radio Survivor: College Radio News Round-Up
It’s been a busy few days as far as news on the low power FM (LPFM) front goes. Advocates like REC Networks are analyzing the recently filed applications and are starting to find some discrepancies. Earlier this week, REC Networks … finish reading LPFM Watch: High School Radio and LPFM News Round-Up
REC Networks Questions 245 LPFM Applications Filed by Hispanic Christian Community Network President
LPFM advocate REC Networks has been cranking out reports and analysis in order to make sense of the nearly 3,000 LPFM applications that were filed in the October-November, 2013 window. In the course of that, it has been flagging applications … finish reading REC Networks Questions 245 LPFM Applications Filed by Hispanic Christian Community Network President
Low power FM (LPFM) applicants are on pins and needles as they await word about applications that were filed in the recently closed window. In order to answer some of the burning questions and give a sense of timing, today … finish reading FCC Offers Guidance for LPFM Hopefuls and Begins to Dismiss Faulty Applications
The FCC just released a list of eight California radio stations that did not submit license renewals by the August 1, 2013 deadline this year. Per FCC regulations, as of December 1, 2013, all eight of these licenses are considered … finish reading Eight California Radio Stations Miss FCC License Renewal Deadline
Every year I love the challenge of tracking down unique radio-themed gifts. This time around, my first gift guide of the year has a fashion focus. Even if the people on your gift list aren’t radio diehards like you are, … finish reading Holiday Gift Guide for Radio-Lovin’ Fashion Mavens
This week I’ve been largely fixated on digging into the details of LPFM applicants from all over the country. As I mentioned last week, it looks like there could be around 100 college radio groups applying for new licenses, including … finish reading College Radio Survivor: College Radio News Round-Up and LPFM Update
Although people have mixed feelings about the annual radio broadcasts of Arlo Guthrie’s 18-minute plus epic “Alice’s Restaurant” on Thanksgiving, it’s something that has become a tradition for many families and radio stations. This year is no exception, with stations … finish reading Scanning the 2013 Thanksgiving Radio Dial for Alice’s Restaurant Broadcasts
The competition for a new low power FM (LPFM) radio license in San Francisco is even tougher than I thought. Earlier this week I took a look at the 15 applicants who are seeking LPFM licenses in San Francisco proper. … finish reading LPFM Applicants in San Francisco to Compete with East Bay and Peninsula Groups