- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
- High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
- CPB probes StoryCorps “multimedia conglomerate” charges
- College Radio Survivor: College Radio News Round-Up
- DC Update: Innovation Act passes House, Republicans announce Comm Act update
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Category Archives: commercial radio
Twitter has 49 million users every month in the US. Facebook has 198 million. There are about 6 million US Spotify users. What about terrestrial broadcast radio, that old-school, supposedly dying analog medium? Radio has 241.8 million listeners per week, … finish reading With 241 million users radio kicks Facebook and Twitter ass
On Saturday, November 2, I attended the Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame’s 2013 Induction Luncheon. Although the latest inductees were announced several months ago at Radio Day by the Bay, Saturday’s event was a chance to celebrate the 10 … finish reading Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame Luncheon Honors 2013 Inductees
The latest broadcast station count from the Federal Communications Commission is out. Quick headline: AM stations down; FM stations up. And the numbers please . . . “AM STATIONS 4728 FM COMMERCIAL 6613 FM EDUCATIONAL 3989″ Those figures are as of … finish reading Number of AM radio stations down; FM stations up; FM translators down
A single word of advice for Mitchell Davis: decaf. Still, despite the jump cut hyper-frenetic shtick, some of his five reasons why radio sucks resonate: too narrow a range of selections, dumb deejays making dumb noises, too many commercials, too … finish reading Five (Mitchell Davis) reasons why radio sucks
CBS Radio today announced a new self-service platform to buy advertising on the online streams of its radio stations, called Audio AdCenter. Normally this is not the kind of industry announcement that we would dedicate space to here at Radio … finish reading CBS should make Audio AdCenter the AdWords of online radio
South Wales commercial FM station holder Nation Radio Ltd. has petitioned the United Kingdom’s broadcast regulator for a format change. It has informed Ofcom that it wants to alter its “Character of Service” from a modern rock station targeting listeners … finish reading Welsh modern rock station petitions to switch to “male focused” format
Commercial radio in the UK turns 40 years-old this week. Here in the US we tend to take for granted that broadcast media would be funded by commercials interrupting our programs several times an hour. But the rest of the … finish reading UK commercial radio turns 40 this week
Yesterday streaming music service Rdio announced that radio station streaming would be free on Android and iOS mobile devices, effective immediately. Up to now the service has been subscription only, with a free trial period available for new users. Like … finish reading Rdio launches free service with ads from broadcast partner Cumulus
On my drive moving to Portland, OR from Chicago in August I came across a few unique radio shows. As we drove along I–80 in Wyoming I tuned in Denver’s KKZN 760 AM on Saturday afternoon where I encountered the … finish reading Radio you can drink – Beer shows in Denver and Portland
Six years ago Jennifer Strange signed up for Sacramento station KDND-FM‘s “Hold your wee for a Wii” contest and lost her life as a consequence. The mother of three followed the game rules, drinking almost two gallons of water without … finish reading Advocates ask FCC to revoke FM license after “wee for a Wii” death