- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
- High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
- CPB probes StoryCorps “multimedia conglomerate” charges
- College Radio Survivor: College Radio News Round-Up
- DC Update: Innovation Act passes House, Republicans announce Comm Act update
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Category Archives: community radio
Low power FM (LPFM) applicants are on pins and needles as they await word about applications that were filed in the recently closed window. In order to answer some of the burning questions and give a sense of timing, today … finish reading FCC Offers Guidance for LPFM Hopefuls and Begins to Dismiss Faulty Applications
This week’s biggest podcasting news is that WFMU has found a suitable personality to take over The Best Show’s soon-to-be-vacant timeslot, but there’s more for the podcast enthusiast and producer alike. Scharpling Passes the Best Torch to Hill It’s a … finish reading Podcast Survivor: Scharpling passes the torch, Stitcher announces 2nd annual awards
The competition for a new low power FM (LPFM) radio license in San Francisco is even tougher than I thought. Earlier this week I took a look at the 15 applicants who are seeking LPFM licenses in San Francisco proper. … finish reading LPFM Applicants in San Francisco to Compete with East Bay and Peninsula Groups
LPFM advocates have had about four full days to mine the FCC’s database of applications from the filing window. Broadcast engineering firms Skywaves and REC Networks both put the exact count of applications at 2,799, which is fewer than the … finish reading LPFM update: making sense of 2,799 applications
Now that the FCC has loaded up its database with all of the new low power FM (LPFM) hopefuls that applied during the window earlier this month, many of us are having a field day sifting through the data to … finish reading In San Francisco, 15 Applicants Vie for New Low Power FM Radio Licenses
I just heard from Peter Doyle, chief of the FCC’s Audio Division, that there were 2,819 filings for low-power FM licenses during the application window that closed last Friday. The applications are publicly searchable in the FCC’s database. The release … finish reading Official count of LPFM applications lower than some expectations
Update Nov. 21, 2013: The FCC actually released the official application total earlier than expected. See our updated report for details: Official count of LPFM applications lower than some expectations There’s been a bit of speculation amongst low-power FM community … finish reading Official count of LPFM applications to be released in a week
Acknowledging “technical issues” with its Consolidated Database System on Thursday, the FCC has extended the LPFM license application window to Friday at 3 PM Eastern Time (PDF). Prior to these difficulties the application window was scheduled to close today, Thursday, … finish reading FCC extends LPFM application deadline to Friday at 3 PM ET
Today at 6 PM Eastern Time is the deadline to complete and submit applications for low-power FM licenses. If your group is just now thinking about applying, it’s probably too late to get together everything you need unless you have … finish reading LPFM applicants: deadline is today, but don’t stop now
Community radio stations will continue to have an option for a daily half-hour news broadcast while they wait for a possible return of Free Speech Radio News. The Pacifica Network and the National Federation of Community Broadcasters have reached an … finish reading Deal reached for community stations to carry FSN Reports while FSRN retools for a comeback