- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
- High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
- CPB probes StoryCorps “multimedia conglomerate” charges
- College Radio Survivor: College Radio News Round-Up
- DC Update: Innovation Act passes House, Republicans announce Comm Act update
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Category Archives: international
Looks like the Voice of America radiogram project is super busy these days, running lots of trials with text messaging via short wave streams. When last Radio Survivor checked in on the initiative, we stopped to admire a 1938 Philco … finish reading Watch out Beijing: VOA Radiogram working on Chinese text broadcasts
I took in Nicolas Philibert’s documentary La Maison de la Radio over the weekend, a 24 hour snapshot of Radio France “from one dawn to another,” as IMDB puts it. Funny, candid, charming, even visually beautiful, I savored every minute … finish reading French radio’s Belle Époque
It’s hard to fathom the extent of the devastation in the Philippines following Typhoon Haiyan (also known as Yolanda) last week. More than 10,000 people are presumed dead, towns are demolished, and communications systems have been disrupted due to power … finish reading Amateur Radio Operators Assist During and After Typhoon in Philippines
Family Radio-owned shortwave radio station WYFR is slated to resume broadcasts on December 1, following the sale of the station facility to Radio Miami International (WRMI). As we reported earlier this year, WYFR ceased broadcasts on June 30, 2013. Many … finish reading Family Radio to Sell Shortwave Radio Station WYFR to Radio Miami International
For years, Jennifer Waits, Paul Riismandel, and I have been blogging about radio in Africa. Millions of people there depend on radio for crucial news and information. When conflict comes to one of Africa’s nations, radio becomes a resource, and … finish reading Radio conflict and cooperation in Africa: an interactive map
Unfortunately, the risk associated with unlicensed, independent and clandestine broadcasting in Syria is very present and real. Furthermore, the repressive Assad government is not the only threat. According to David Kenner at Foreign Policy a reporter working for the citizen … finish reading Syrian free radio station raided & shut down by al Qaeda group
Update (10/28/2013) Reporters Without Borders condemns Somali government attack on radio stations. Somali reporters are up in arms over a police raid of the Shabelle Media Network, which describes itself as the “leading independent media network in Somalia,” located in … finish reading Somali journalists protest radio station crackdown
Commercial radio in the UK turns 40 years-old this week. Here in the US we tend to take for granted that broadcast media would be funded by commercials interrupting our programs several times an hour. But the rest of the … finish reading UK commercial radio turns 40 this week
A Bangalore based radio station dedicated to exploring ‘gender fluidity’ is making waves in India and the rest of the world, judging by the level of media coverage it has gotten. The “Q” in Q Radio “stands for queer,” explains … finish reading ‘Q Radio’ breaking LGBT barriers in India
The 24th BBC World Service International Radio Playwriting Competition is open, and I want more Radio Survivor readers to enter the contest. The Holy Grail is one of two first prizes (which include cash, BTW): a best play written by … finish reading Time for you to write a radio play for BBC World Drama