- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
- CPB probes StoryCorps “multimedia conglomerate” charges
- College Radio Survivor: College Radio News Round-Up
- DC Update: Innovation Act passes House, Republicans announce Comm Act update
- LPFM Watch: High School Radio and LPFM News Round-Up
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Category Archives: Internet radio
It’s two weeks into the campaign to rescue the beloved but doomed media player Winamp, and the Save Winamp petition has over 41,000 signatures. Unfortunately, there’s been not a peep out of corporate parent AOL, nor any other news about … finish reading Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
For today, Cyber-Monday, Amazon has its high-end 7″ tablet, the Kindle Fire HDX, on sale for a very low $179. As portable, multi-function devices, tablets make great internet radios, as Matthew explained when he received his first generation Kindle fire. … finish reading Amazon’s $179 Cyber-Monday Kindle Fire HDX deal makes a great internet radio
I spent some of this weekend up to my nose in Soundrop, a Spotify chat room application. Soundrop has been available for about two years. I wouldn’t call the feature competition for plug.dj or its predecessor, Turntable.fm, but it is … finish reading Dropping by Soundrop: Spotify’s chat room feature
The fates of the veteran media player app Winamp and its related Shoutcast streaming platform remain in limbo after AOL’s announcement last week that it would shut down Nullsoft and end support of these products. Although there have been reports … finish reading There’s already a petition to save Winamp, but what about Shoutcast?
The news last night that AOL is shutting down its Nullsoft division, which makes the venerable Winamp music app, hit me like a ton of bricks. Now, I haven’t used Winamp regularly in at least 7 years, so the loss … finish reading Losing Winamp and Shoutcast is bad for internet radio
I was saddened to hear the news that celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne died yesterday in a San Jose hospital at the age of 77. A mainstay of numerous television shows and the host of her own Internet radio show, Browne … finish reading Farewell to Psychic, Radio and Television Personality Sylvia Browne
I’ve been listening to Soma.fm a lot these days. The listener supported service reminds me that radio at its best functions as a sort of accompaniment to one’s daily life. You’ve picked a station because the signal musically or narratively … finish reading Using Soma.fm as your life soundtrack
This is an update of a piece that originally appeared in the October 7 edition of our free weekly email newsletter, the Radio Survivor Bulletin. Sign up now to get this digest of important and insightful links and commentary about the future of … finish reading 5 persistent challenges for internet radio stations
Online radio entrepreneur Michael Robertson has unveiled yet another station portal, this one called, simply enough, RadioSearchEngine.com (RSE). Is this a possible contender to become the “Google of radio”? I spent several fun hours testing RSE and surfing radio from … finish reading RadioSearchEngine delivers instant gratification, but not yet the Google of radio