- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- LPFM Watch: High School Radio and LPFM News Round-Up
- Rough notes: the case for radio deejays talking over music
- Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
- Podcast Survivor: Entrepreneur Jason Calacanis invests $250k in podcast app Swell
- REC Networks Questions 245 LPFM Applications Filed by Hispanic Christian Community Network President
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Category Archives: mobile
When the iPad was first announced three years ago, I have to admit that I was initially skeptical. At first blush it seemed like an e-reader on steroids, something that would be great for reading and games, but not a … finish reading My iPad is an internet radio
A new radio tuner hit the web on Thursday, coming from the folks who bring you the online radio recorder app, DAR.fm. According to CEO Michael Robertson UberStations differs from existing radio platforms in that it provides a “unique recommendation … finish reading UberStations recommends stations based on what you’re listening to now
Google introduced its entry into the on-demand music streaming market at its recent developer conference Google I/O. Sitting atop its existing Google Play media store, the awkwardly named Google Play All Access provides Spotify-like listening to a large music library, … finish reading All Access brings on-demand Spotify competitor to the Googleverse
On Thursday Slacker Radio announced that it added 6 million listeners since the service relaunched with a new design in February. That’s when Slacker upped the ante with unlimited free listening to its streaming, curated stations on PCs and mobile … finish reading Slacker Radio adds 6 million users since February relaunch
Spotify reportedly pushing for more free mobile listening, but billing problems spoil experience for some
If you enjoy a free Spotify account you’re used to listening to the service’s large music catalog from your computer, but not your mobile device. That’s because mobile listening is only available to paid customers, although you can get a … finish reading Spotify reportedly pushing for more free mobile listening, but billing problems spoil experience for some
The biggest radio news to come out of CES this week was Sprint’s announcement that it struck a deal to integrate FM radio tuners in some of its smartphones. Radio listening will be available through the forthcoming NextRadio tuner app … finish reading Sprint to add FM radio to smartphones – too little, too late?
Remember that HD Radio enabled smartphone set to debut at the National Association of Broadcasters show last week? There was hoopla–mostly in the industry–leading up to the show. And, then, radio silence. I looked for news reports all last week … finish reading HD Radio smartphone prototype lands with a thud
Middle-tier radio owner Emmis Communications has announced that it will demonstrate an HD Radio equipped smartphone at a press event this coming Monday at the 2012 NAB Show. The prototype phone was developed in conjunction with Intel and iBiquity, which … finish reading HD Radio smartphone prototype to debut at NAB
Last week rumors emerged that smartphone manufacturer HTC is in talks to buy MOG, which is sort of the also-ran online music service after Spotify, Pandora, Rhapsody and Rdio. However, MOG is frequently considered having the highest fidelity of these … finish reading HTC vying to rival Apple for mobile music with higher fidelity
I am bit of a stickler for audio quality and fidelity, as readers of my holiday gift guide and recent review of iHeartRadio may have sussed out. I’m reticent to call myself an audiophile because I’m not in pursuit of … finish reading Spotify, Pandora, Rdio, Aupeo! or MOG: Which subscription internet radio service sounds the best?