- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- Want to revitalize AM radio? Start with better receivers
- Radio Free America crowdfunds free streaming & community platform for college radio
- Six awesome SoundCloud dance radio stations
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
- High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Category Archives: social networking
Turntable.fm‘s latest blog post reached my inbox on Friday. It focused on Turntable Live, a new feature in which Turntable room participants interact on a real time basis with bands. Then came this last distressing paragraph: “As much as we … finish reading What Turntable.fm accomplished
Plug.dj is rolling out a new design this Saturday. What interests me most about the remake is that the online deejay service is dubbing its rooms “communities”: “The first thing you’ll notice is the lobby has been redesigned and is … finish reading Plug.dj: from rooms to “communities”
Many years ago I invented a phrase for a peculiar kind of radio format: “Hybrid Highbrow.” I cooked up the term to describe listener supported KPFA in Berkeley, California, which in the 1950s broadcast classical music, opera, jazz, and folk … finish reading Hybrid Highbrow: the history of a forgotten radio format
Everybody knows that YouTube competes with broadcast radio for music listeners. A Nielsen survey posted a little over a year ago reported that more teens listen to music through YouTube than through AM/FM radio, 64 and 56 percent, respectively. Most … finish reading When does YouTube become radio? When it’s on plug.dj
If you are a Pandora user and a blogger, you ought to know how to export your Pandora stations to your blog. What follows are some entry level tips on how to visually redesign the export panel as well. First, … finish reading How to export and visually customize your Pandora stations
It appears that if you are organizing a music event, a festival, or concert of some kind, a linkup with an Internet radio station or music social media application is a must. We at Radio Survivor get all kinds of … finish reading Internet radio and music events: the new normal?
In February of this year Jennifer Waits and I attended a social media week conference at the Adobe headquarters in San Francisco, at which Seth Goldstein of Turntable.fm spoke. During a panel on social networking radio, Goldstein critiqued his brainchild. … finish reading Getting to know Piki social radio
A new survey produced by the Radio Television Digital News Association and Hofstra University suggests that radio stations aren’t using Twitter and Facebook as aggressively as television outlets. “The use of social media is now almost universal in TV, with … finish reading Study: radio lags TV in use of social media
Great news for tt.fm devotees. Now when you are in a turntable.fm room, you can gossip sotto voce with your closest buddies about the other folks around. Private messaging is up and running, the service announced in this morning’s blog … finish reading turntable.fm: now with private messaging