- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- Eclectic gifts for the radio, podcast and streaming music fan (or nerd)
- Want to revitalize AM radio? Start with better receivers
- Radio Free America crowdfunds free streaming & community platform for college radio
- Six awesome SoundCloud dance radio stations
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Category Archives: Uncategorized
In March we told you about the SHIELD Act which was introduced into Congress to help reform patent laws, particularly targeting patent owners who are “non-practicing,” meaning that they aren’t actually making use of their patents. One such “non-practicing” patent … finish reading The podcast patent troll speaks (to Planet Money)
On Thursday Slacker Radio announced that it added 6 million listeners since the service relaunched with a new design in February. That’s when Slacker upped the ante with unlimited free listening to its streaming, curated stations on PCs and mobile … finish reading Slacker Radio adds 6 million users since February relaunch
In 2012, the first annual High School Radio Day took place on May 16. The day was established in order to celebrate high school radio and raise awareness about the small number of remaining high school radio stations. This year, … finish reading 2nd Annual High School Radio Day Returns on April 24
Looking for an alternative perspective on world news on your FM dial? If you live in Chicago or Washington, DC you can now tune in the Russian government’s Voice of Russia service, which began broadcasting English language programming at the … finish reading Voice of Russia broadcasting to the US on HD Radio
When I was a student and DJ at Haverford College’s campus-only station, I longed for the audience available to nearby Haverford High School’s FM radio station WHHS. As was the case with my own station WHRC, I had no idea … finish reading Haverford High School Radio Station Celebrates $10K Gift
While millions of US viewers watch the Super Bowl on television, even if just to see what advertisers do with the season’s most expensive ad time, millions additionally will tune in on the radio. While SiriusXM will be offering up … finish reading Catch the Super Bowl on the radio, too
Hi there Radio Survivor reader. We’re doing a little site maintenance this weekend. We are moving to a new, better host with more resources in order to resolve some recent issues with the site that have caused intermittent outages and … finish reading Maintenance… be back soon!
In a firey open letter released Monday, public television and radio host Tavis Smiley issued a series of firm rebukes to Chicago Public Radio CEO Torey Malatia, whose flagship station, WBEZ, cancelled Smiley and West at the end of September. … finish reading Tavis Smiley responds to Chicago Public Media CEO Torey Malatia
As we hope regular readers know, we at Radio Survivor work hard to bring fresh perspectives to radio in all its incarnations, from broadcast to podcasting, satellite to streaming. We’re fans of radio, and true believers in its continuing potential … finish reading Give Radio Survivor a hand: buy some stuff and spread the word
On Monday Marc Maron unleashed the 300th episode of his WTF podcast on the world, and used it as an opportunity to reflect on the medium of podcasting, in addition to the nearly three years he’s been in production. Leading … finish reading Marc Maron reflects on the medium of podcasting in the 300th episode of WTF