- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- Eclectic gifts for the radio, podcast and streaming music fan (or nerd)
- Want to revitalize AM radio? Start with better receivers
- Radio Free America crowdfunds free streaming & community platform for college radio
- Six awesome SoundCloud dance radio stations
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: Clear Channel
The Radio and Internet Newsletter covers Triton Digital’s online radio listening metrics for May, noting that growth is flat, in keeping with an expected “summer slow-down.” Pandora continues to lead the market by a wide margin, with more than 1.4 … finish reading Internet and satellite audience numbers indicate that people still love radio
I had intended to post about this last week, but dealing with some website stability issues, and then moving our site to a new host, kept me from getting this up. But the article series is so good and well … finish reading Chicago Tribune chronicles Sam Zell’s and Randy Michaels’ mismanagement
Arbitron Portable People Meter ratings for December are in, and progressive talk radio lovers in Portland, Oregon are getting a bit of wry satisfaction from the results. KPOJ, recently switched by its owner Clear Channel from blue state talk to … finish reading How low can you go? Meet Clear Channel’s KPOJ sports
Happy New Year Radio Survivor readers. Good luck in writing your first check with “2013″ instead of “2012.” Advice columns for radio are showing up on my RSS reader, and I thought I’d share some of the wisdom. Edison Research … finish reading On the day after New Year’s: free advice for radio
The big radio companies are massively dittoing a proposal from Entercom that would relax Federal Communications Commission requirements that radio stations announce the “material” rules of a radio contest over the airwaves. “In today’s fast paced world, Americans expect to … finish reading Big radio to FCC: stop making us explain contest rules over the air
Portland, Oregon’s only left wing commercial talk radio station has suddenly been switched from politics to sports. KPOJ was the first Air America affiliate in the country, according to its supporters, who learned early on Friday that the host of … finish reading Clear Channel Pulls Plug on Portland Progressive Talk Radio, Supporters Scramble to Save KPOJ
As promised, a host of radio and Internet radio companies have launched the Internet Fairness Coalition, which supports the Internet Radio Fairness Acts making their way through the House of Representatives and the Senate. Major supporters include Clear Channel, Pandora, … finish reading What is “sustainable growth” for Internet radio?
Yesterday it was announced that long-time alternative rock station WFNX is selling its Boston-area 101.7 FM frequency to Clear Channel. One of the few independently-owned commercial radio stations, WFNX is currently owned by MCC Broadcasting Company (which is affiliated with … finish reading Boston Alternative Music Radio Station WFNX to be Sold to Clear Channel