- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- LPFM Watch: High School Radio and LPFM News Round-Up
- Rough notes: the case for radio deejays talking over music
- Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
- Podcast Survivor: Entrepreneur Jason Calacanis invests $250k in podcast app Swell
- REC Networks Questions 245 LPFM Applications Filed by Hispanic Christian Community Network President
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: college radio
This week I’ve been largely fixated on digging into the details of LPFM applicants from all over the country. As I mentioned last week, it looks like there could be around 100 college radio groups applying for new licenses, including … finish reading College Radio Survivor: College Radio News Round-Up and LPFM Update
The competition for a new low power FM (LPFM) radio license in San Francisco is even tougher than I thought. Earlier this week I took a look at the 15 applicants who are seeking LPFM licenses in San Francisco proper. … finish reading LPFM Applicants in San Francisco to Compete with East Bay and Peninsula Groups
I begin this week’s installment of College Radio Survivor with the great news that many colleges and universities took advantage of the recently opened LPFM window and applied for new LPFM licenses. I’m still sifting through the data (there were … finish reading College Radio Survivor: Numerous Colleges Apply for LPFM Licenses
As people are reflecting back on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy 50 years ago today, many of them may remember hearing the news over the radio. College radio stations were among the media outlets breaking the news on … finish reading 50 Years Ago Today Student Radio Broke News of JFK Assassination
More and more radio stations are realizing the importance of having a multimedia operation, incorporating not only audio transmissions, but also video and other web features. Today, North Carolina State University’s student radio station WKNC 88.1 FM announced that it … finish reading North Carolina State’s College Radio Station WKNC Launches YouTube Channel
On Saturday I was in Southern California for the University of California Radio Network (UCRN)’s fall conference. Held at KUCI at University of California at Irvine, the event drew college radio participants from all over California, including representatives from KUCI, … finish reading College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
I started writing regularly about college radio back in 2008 when I launched my blog Spinning Indie. At the time, I was frustrated by the lack of attention given to college radio across all forms of media (including mainstream newspapers, … finish reading College Radio Survivor: This Week in College Radio News
On Thursday, Culture Map Houston broke the news that Houston classical public radio station KUHA had laid off 8 full-time staffers and was replacing local programming with syndicated classical music content from Classical 24. Culture Map speculates that the University … finish reading Former KTRU Frequency, Classical 91.7, Cuts Local Hosts
Last year we wrote about the uncertainly surrounding the future of Penn College radio station WPTC. Following the discontinuation of its mass media major, the station’s fate was in limbo. Well, as of September of this year, WPTC’s license has … finish reading WPTC Leaves Penn College after Sale to New Local Non-Profit
An article on PolicyMic, 4 Awesome College Stations Keeping Radio Alive, posits that college radio was in a downward spiral and is now in a period of renaissance. After author Chelsea Hawkins takes a look at some recent CMJ-award-winning college … finish reading Is College Radio Making a Comeback?