- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- Rough notes: the case for radio deejays talking over music
- Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
- Podcast Survivor: Entrepreneur Jason Calacanis invests $250k in podcast app Swell
- REC Networks Questions 245 LPFM Applications Filed by Hispanic Christian Community Network President
- FCC Offers Guidance for LPFM Hopefuls and Begins to Dismiss Faulty Applications
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: fighting a radio station sale
Friends of KUSF and KUSF listener Ted Hudacko have both filed Applications for Review with the FCC, asking for further scrutiny of the transfer of the license for KUSF 90.3 FM from University of San Francisco (USF) to Classical Public … finish reading Applications for Review Filed with FCC Regarding KUSF License Transfer
It’s encouraging to see that a number of upcoming events and conferences will be addressing the future of college radio. I will be speaking on a panel at the National Student Media Convention in October and am also hoping to … finish reading Upcoming Saving College Radio Events
At a lunch-time protest outside Entercom’s San Francisco offices yesterday, KUSF supporters reminded their foes that the fight regarding the future of college radio station KUSF is far from over. Around 50 protesters gathered outside Entercom’s Third Street studios, voicing … finish reading KUSF Supporters Protest at Entercom Headquarters
The legal back and forth with the FCC over the proposed sale of University of San Francisco (USF)’s college radio station KUSF to Classical Public Radio Network (CPRN) has featured arguments from several people and entities who have filed Petitions … finish reading KUSF Listener Asks FCC for Formal Hearing over Pending Station Sale
Over the past 10 days, the lawyers for Friends of KUSF have been delving into the hundreds of pages of documents that were submitted in response to the FCC’s recent letter of inquiry into the pending sale of college radio … finish reading Lawyers for Friends of KUSF Ask FCC for Evidentiary Hearing
It’s been nearly seven months since the plug was pulled on the University of San Francisco (USF) terrestrial college radio station KUSF, and the FCC is still scrutinizing the pending sale of the 90.3 FM license to Classical Public Radio … finish reading Scrutiny of KUSF Deal Continues as USF and CPRN Respond to FCC’s Inquiry Letter
It’s nice to hear some good news amid all the battles over the future of college radio. After a very public protest over a rumored sell-off, the University of Otago student radio station Radio One 91FM in Dunedin, New Zealand … finish reading New Zealand’s Radio One 91 FM Fends Off Sale of Student Station
University of San Francisco (USF) and Classical Public Radio Network (CPRN) are probably in the midst of scrambling to pull together documents for the FCC regarding the proposed sale of college radio station KUSF and the currently-in-place “Public Service Operating … finish reading USF Granted Request to Limit Scope of FCC Inquiry into Pending KUSF Sale
It can be challenging to stay on top of every detail, protest, or FCC action related to the pending sale of University of San Francisco’s college radio station KUSF to Classical Public Radio Network, as there’s been a busy and … finish reading Host of KUSF’s “Folk Law” Pursues Legal and FCC Actions to Halt KUSF Sale
The contentious pending sale of college radio station KUSF to Classical Public Radio Network continues to keep the lawyers busy, as a Motion to Dismiss the entire application was filed with the FCC just before the July 4th holiday. At … finish reading Motion to Dismiss Filed with FCC Regarding Pending KUSF Sale