- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- Radio Free America crowdfunds free streaming & community platform for college radio
- Six awesome SoundCloud dance radio stations
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
- High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
- CPB probes StoryCorps “multimedia conglomerate” charges
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: high school radio
It’s no secret that I’m a bit enamored with high school radio. I’ve visited a handful of school district-owned stations (although only one was focused solely on student content) and feel like high school stations provide a tremendous opportunity for … finish reading High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
It’s been a busy few days as far as news on the low power FM (LPFM) front goes. Advocates like REC Networks are analyzing the recently filed applications and are starting to find some discrepancies. Earlier this week, REC Networks … finish reading LPFM Watch: High School Radio and LPFM News Round-Up
This summer I’ve been getting more serious about my radio station field trip project and have been trying to finally visit some of the stations in the Bay Area that have eluded me up to this point. In some cases … finish reading Radio Station Mystery Tour – South of San Francisco Edition
At a meeting of the Mount Diablo Unified School District (MDUSD) on Monday night, the school board approved a recommendation to “explore the potential multi-year lease of” high school radio station KVHS-FM. At the meeting, it was stated that preliminary … finish reading Mount Diablo Unified to Explore Potential Lease of High School Radio Station KVHS-FM
In 2012, the first annual High School Radio Day took place on May 16. The day was established in order to celebrate high school radio and raise awareness about the small number of remaining high school radio stations. This year, … finish reading 2nd Annual High School Radio Day Returns on April 24
When I was a student and DJ at Haverford College’s campus-only station, I longed for the audience available to nearby Haverford High School’s FM radio station WHHS. As was the case with my own station WHRC, I had no idea … finish reading Haverford High School Radio Station Celebrates $10K Gift
I was sad to learn that the FCC will not reinstate the license for high school radio station WLMH. The 89.1 FM license, licensed to Little Miami Local Schools in Morrow, Ohio, was deleted in August, 2012 after the FCC … finish reading FCC Will Not Reinstate License for High School Radio Station WLMH
On November 10, 2012, the annual John Drury High School Radio Awards were presented to young student broadcasters. The big winner this year was WLTL 88.1 FM from Lyons Township High School in LaGrange, Illinois, which won not only Best … finish reading WLTL is Big Winner in 2012 John Drury High School Radio Awards
This past Saturday I attended the Intercollegiate Broadcast System’s Midwest conference in Chicago, hosted by Columbia College. This was my first IBS conference, despite having advised a Chicago-area college station for the last four years. This one-day event was billed … finish reading Intercollegiate Broadcast System Chicago conference focused on professionalization
As college radio volunteers and DJs are getting settled into the new school year, it’s about time to start making hard choices about which college radio conferences to attend. October is a busy month, with both CMJ and College Broadcasters … finish reading Fall 2012 College Radio Conference Line-up