- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- DC Update: Innovation Act passes House, Republicans announce Comm Act update
- LPFM Watch: High School Radio and LPFM News Round-Up
- Rough notes: the case for radio deejays talking over music
- Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
- Podcast Survivor: Entrepreneur Jason Calacanis invests $250k in podcast app Swell
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: Internet radio
It’s two weeks into the campaign to rescue the beloved but doomed media player Winamp, and the Save Winamp petition has over 41,000 signatures. Unfortunately, there’s been not a peep out of corporate parent AOL, nor any other news about … finish reading Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
For today, Cyber-Monday, Amazon has its high-end 7″ tablet, the Kindle Fire HDX, on sale for a very low $179. As portable, multi-function devices, tablets make great internet radios, as Matthew explained when he received his first generation Kindle fire. … finish reading Amazon’s $179 Cyber-Monday Kindle Fire HDX deal makes a great internet radio
The fates of the veteran media player app Winamp and its related Shoutcast streaming platform remain in limbo after AOL’s announcement last week that it would shut down Nullsoft and end support of these products. Although there have been reports … finish reading There’s already a petition to save Winamp, but what about Shoutcast?
The news last night that AOL is shutting down its Nullsoft division, which makes the venerable Winamp music app, hit me like a ton of bricks. Now, I haven’t used Winamp regularly in at least 7 years, so the loss … finish reading Losing Winamp and Shoutcast is bad for internet radio
This is an update of a piece that originally appeared in the October 7 edition of our free weekly email newsletter, the Radio Survivor Bulletin. Sign up now to get this digest of important and insightful links and commentary about the future of … finish reading 5 persistent challenges for internet radio stations
Shortly after posting my piece about BlueToothing my Droid Razr to my Panasonic car stereo, I got this fascinating response from San Diego based indie consultant Bob Hudson: “I put Internet radio in my car back in 2005,” Hudson wrote, … finish reading The art of wiring a Palm Treo to your car stereo
CBS Radio today announced a new self-service platform to buy advertising on the online streams of its radio stations, called Audio AdCenter. Normally this is not the kind of industry announcement that we would dedicate space to here at Radio … finish reading CBS should make Audio AdCenter the AdWords of online radio
The public service obligation of radio broadcasters has changed, and not for the better. That reality is what’s driving a group of Oregon volunteers to create the Portland Radio Project, a new locally-oriented online station that starts streaming October 18. … finish reading Portland Radio Project plans to reunite public service and music
I’m eyeballing Pandora’s latest Security and Exchange Commission risk filing, which notes that the Internet streamer has yet to significantly penetrate local markets like conventional radio stations do. Seems like the company is thinking about the challenge, though. “Radio advertising has … finish reading Pandora ponders competing with AM/FM for local advertising
The summary of Ofcom’s new study on minorities and mobile gadgets reads as follows: ”Ethnic minority groups are . . . more likely to have home broadband and a mobile phone, although they are less likely to watch TV and listen … finish reading Ethnic minorities: Britain’s vanguard online radio market