- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- General discussions • Should the FCC mandate C-QUAM AM stereo for FM receivers?
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- Who doesn’t like free? Spotify channels iPod shuffle for free smartphone app users
- Radio Making Workshops in UK in Name of Radio Arts
- Podcast Survivor: Stitcher Awards 2013 open for nominations, Tom Scharpling turned down a Best Show paycheck, +more
- Eclectic gifts for the radio, podcast and streaming music fan (or nerd)
- Want to revitalize AM radio? Start with better receivers
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: KDFC
Santa Barbara, California’s eight decades old classical radio signal KDB 93.7 FM is up for auction. The Santa Barbara Foundation, which owns the license, has voted to sell it off. The Foundation’s principals say that the operation has run up … finish reading Santa Barbara classical radio in peril
The ongoing broadcasts of Classical KDFC in the San Francisco Bay Area have been made possible by a complicated series of transactions involving both commercial and non-commercial radio entities. Today the KDFC brand is owned by Classical Public Radio Network … finish reading Classical KDFC Maps Future as Los Gatos Translator Transfers to USC
Today (Wednesday) is Listener Appreciation Day at San Francisco Bay Area classical music public radio station KDFC. “After the great response to our June Fund Drive, we wanted to do something to say thanks to all our new members so … finish reading Listener request day: first programming test for KDFC?
Last week the FCC approved the assignment of University of San Francisco (USF)’s non-commercial radio license KUSF to Classical Public Radio Network. Upon consummation of the license assignment, the FCC agreed to change the call letters for the San Francisco-based … finish reading KUSF is No More after Classical Public Radio Network Changes Call Letters to KOSC
Counsel for Friends of KUSF “Profoundly Disappointed” with FCC’s Ruling on KUSF Sale and Plan to Appeal
Today the FCC granted consent to the assignment of the license for University of San Francisco (USF) radio station KUSF to Classical Public Radio Network (CPRN). In light of this news, Friends of KUSF has announced that they intend to … finish reading Counsel for Friends of KUSF “Profoundly Disappointed” with FCC’s Ruling on KUSF Sale and Plan to Appeal
Nearly 17 months after University of San Francisco (USF)’s college radio station KUSF was shut down without warning, the FCC has granted the KUSF license to Classical Public Radio Network (CPRN). For those who have been fighting this sale for … finish reading FCC Fines USF and CPRN $50K and Grants KUSF License to Classical Public Radio Network
For over two months now, we’ve been sharing the news about Classical KDFC’s plans to expand coverage into the South Bay over 104.9 FM. The FCC granted Principle Broadcasting’s request to transfer the license for formerly Spanish-language KCNL 104.9 FM … finish reading KDFC Announces its South Bay Signal KXSC will Launch June 15
On Tuesday we broke the news that the FCC has approved the transfer of Spanish language radio station KCNL in Sunnyvale, California to the University of Southern California (USC) for use as an outlet for classical music station KDFC. KCNL, … finish reading KCNL ends Save Alternative weekend programming as Sale to USC Draws Near
Yesterday the FCC granted the request by Principle Broadcasting Network to assign the license for San Jose-area radio station KCNL 104.9 FM to University of Southern California (USC) for use as an outlet for classical radio station KDFC. Along with … finish reading FCC Grants Assignment of KCNL to USC for use as a KDFC classical radio outlet in San Jose