- FCC announces waivers for tornado relief fundraising on non-comm stations
- Delving into Family Radio’s Finances Two Years after Judgment Day
- Is Radio Shirking its Public Service Duty During Disasters?
- Pirate radio round-up: turntable.fm feeds NM station; FCC picks low-hanging fruit in Miami and Oregon
- Will the end of driving mean the end of radio?
- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale fm HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC kfjc KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pandora pirate radio podcast Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history religious radio satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Turntable.fm unlicensed radio wfmu wrvu
Tag Archives: Ken Freedman
Radio Survivor readers should already be aware of the love we express for New Jersey’s non-commercial freeform radio powerhouse WFMU. Although the station may not be as popular or highly rated as a top commercial station, it has many admiring … finish reading Freeform or Death – A WFMU documentary
I’ve long admired New Jersey non-commercial freeform station WFMU. It started life as the college station for Upsala College. When the college went bankrupt in 1995 the volunteers formed a nonprofit corporation to buy the license, rather than see it … finish reading WFMU Manager Ken Freedman honored by NFCB for online innovation
John Bergmayer of Public Knowledge has a great interview with Ken Freedman, station manager of WFMU-FM in Jersey City, New Jersey. WFMU is a trailblazing radio station which was in the forefront of both the free form and dot.com eras. … finish reading WFMU on the “catch 22″ of Internet streaming