- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- Rough notes: the case for radio deejays talking over music
- Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
- Podcast Survivor: Entrepreneur Jason Calacanis invests $250k in podcast app Swell
- REC Networks Questions 245 LPFM Applications Filed by Hispanic Christian Community Network President
- FCC Offers Guidance for LPFM Hopefuls and Begins to Dismiss Faulty Applications
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: kfjc
Wrapping up the radio station scavenger hunt for this week, I’m sharing one more music genre color code sign. This “library legend” sign comes from KFJC, where I’m a DJ. In my travels, I’ve seen incredibly complex systems for categorizing … finish reading Radio Station Scavenger Hunt – Genre Color Code Signs Part 5
I’ve been a DJ and volunteer at Foothill College radio station KFJC-FM for nearly 15 years now and one of my favorite times of year at the station is the Month of Mayhem. During the month of May, DJs prepare … finish reading KFJC Begins Month of Mayhem with 54 Specials – from 8-Tracks to Radio Drama
Jennifer and I attended the Grassroots Radio Conference this past weekend in Urbana, IL. These are my old stomping grounds, having lived in the twin college towns of Champaign-Urbana for about 13 years until 2008. Home to the University of … finish reading Community radio broadcasters and builders converged at GRC 2012
With a nod to March Madness, Soundtap has just released details about “Soundtap Madness 2012,” an 18-day tournament beginning this Thursday featuring consecutive rounds of head to head battles between independent college and community radio stations. Soundtap, which bills itself … finish reading Soundtap Madness Pits Independent Radio Stations in Head to Head Listening Tournament
Today marks the first annual College Radio Day. More than 350 stations all over the United States and Canada have signed up to participate. The concept’s fairly simple, it’s a day when people are encouraged to tune in to college … finish reading 6 Things You Should do to Support College Radio on College Radio Day
Yesterday CMJ announced the nominees for its annual College Radio Awards. Based on nominations submitted by folks who report their playlists/charts to the music publication, the list of nominees includes college and community radio stations, as well as individuals who … finish reading CMJ Announces Nominees for 2011 College Radio Awards
Not long ago I was driving down the San Francisco Bay Area’s Highway 280 and listening to Foothills Junior College’s KFJC-FM, and some really weird music came on. I tried to get what it was from the deejay’s back-announce commentary, … finish reading The five things I do when I hear weird music on the radio
I’m already starting to map out my list of record stores to hit this Saturday, April 16, 2011 for the 4th annual Record Store Day. Some people will be lining up for limited edition releases (particularly vinyl), others will be … finish reading Radio Guide to Record Store Day 2011
Radio doesn’t always begin and end with a broadcast over the airwaves. Sometimes radio transmissions are used by artists as another tool for creative expression. This year the arts organization 23five is curating the Activating the Medium XIV festival in … finish reading Activating the Medium Festival explores Radio as Source Material for Sound Art
Back in 1983 college radio station KFJC (where I currently DJ) embarked on an ambitious project to do a radio marathon featuring hundreds of different versions of the song “Louie Louie.” Soliciting help from both musicians and listeners (one of … finish reading KFJC’s “Return of the Invasion of Maximum Louie Louie”