- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- Radio Free America crowdfunds free streaming & community platform for college radio
- Six awesome SoundCloud dance radio stations
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
- High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
- CPB probes StoryCorps “multimedia conglomerate” charges
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: Last.fm
The “what is radio” debate resurfaced earlier this month. Do Pandora and other streaming music services qualify as “radio”? Jennifer Lane, President of RAIN Summits, pronounced the question irrelevant at her Audio4cast blog. ”I say who cares whether it’s radio or … finish reading When Pandora becomes radio: why exportability matters
I’ve been writing a lot about Internet radio and mobile devices these days. But sometimes I think there are advantages to tuning in on my PC laptop instead. Advantage number one: avoiding monthly charges. Most radio social networking applications on … finish reading Is your PC laptop the best deal for Internet radio?
Spotify‘s radio feature has so far seemed like an afterthought. Ostensibly it was based on the same idea as Pandora–you pick an artist and then Spotify picks songs by other artists that are similar. In my tests of the feature … finish reading Spotify Radio redo is part of new app
Clear Channel may have been too focused on scarfing up stations in the early 2000s to construct anything resembling an internet strategy, but the company has been making up for lost time with its iHeartRadio service. When it went live … finish reading Clear Channel ups the ante with 3 more months of commercial-free iHeartRadio custom stations
My Amazon Kindle Fire arrived in the mail on Thursday, and I’ve been fiddling with it ever since. Got my Facebook going, read a whole lot of newspapers via the Pulse application, and downloaded a free edition of Tolstoy’s War … finish reading My Kindle Fire is an Internet radio
We, your humble Radio Survivors, are unabashed fans of broadcast radio. That much should be clear to anyone who peruses our site. But we hope that readers also see that we don’t limit ourselves to the AM, FM and shortwave … finish reading Podcasting, satellite, internet and broadcast: it’s all RADIO to us
Rdio is a year-old entrant into the online music streaming marketplace, offering a Spotify-like experience that allows listeners to choose the exact artist, albums and songs they want to hear. Founded by the creators of Skype, Rdio previously had been … finish reading Rdio challenges Pandora, Spotfiy and last.fm with ad-free music stream
Spotify is an online streaming music service that has been available in parts of Europe since 2008. It differentiates itself from popular US music services like Pandora and last.fm by permitting users to actually select the specific artists and songs … finish reading Spotify in the US – a review: Is it a Pandora & last.fm killer?