- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
- Podcast Survivor: Entrepreneur Jason Calacanis invests $250k in podcast app Swell
- REC Networks Questions 245 LPFM Applications Filed by Hispanic Christian Community Network President
- FCC Offers Guidance for LPFM Hopefuls and Begins to Dismiss Faulty Applications
- Eight California Radio Stations Miss FCC License Renewal Deadline
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: mobile
Weather reports and alerts are a mainstay of most live radio broadcasts, especially during drivetime, and there are plenty of apps that will deliver forecasts to your smartphone. However, updated local weather is more difficult to obtain on streaming services … finish reading Slacker adds Weather Channel local forecasts
A new radio tuner hit the web on Thursday, coming from the folks who bring you the online radio recorder app, DAR.fm. According to CEO Michael Robertson UberStations differs from existing radio platforms in that it provides a “unique recommendation … finish reading UberStations recommends stations based on what you’re listening to now
Spotify reportedly pushing for more free mobile listening, but billing problems spoil experience for some
If you enjoy a free Spotify account you’re used to listening to the service’s large music catalog from your computer, but not your mobile device. That’s because mobile listening is only available to paid customers, although you can get a … finish reading Spotify reportedly pushing for more free mobile listening, but billing problems spoil experience for some
I can barely believe that it’s been over a year since I wrote my first review of Spotify, which itself came a month after the service debuted in the US. At the time I was most critical of the relative … finish reading One year in, how I learned to like Spotify – a follow-up review.
Spotify is an online streaming music service that has been available in parts of Europe since 2008. It differentiates itself from popular US music services like Pandora and last.fm by permitting users to actually select the specific artists and songs … finish reading Spotify in the US – a review: Is it a Pandora & last.fm killer?
I am a monthly donor to my local public radio station so that I don’t even have call in during its pledge drives — they’ve already got my donation. So despite their attempts to make the morning drive pledge pitches … finish reading Public station rewards donors with pledge-free web stream
Last week AT&T announced that new smartphone customers will no longer be eligible for the unlimited data plans that current customers enjoy. Instead, two somewhat less expensive plans will be available. For $15 new customers may download 200 MB of … finish reading New AT&T data plans threaten to stunt the growth of mobile internet radio
As we reported back in January, all the big radio hoopla at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show as about the incursion of internet audio services like Pandora into car stereo systems. Things have been quiet on that front until I … finish reading The Times Tests In-Car Internet Audio
On Wednesday Sirius XM radio (SIRI) announced that it added 171,441 net subscribers in the first quarter of 2010. While this is certainly better news for the company than a net loss, the gain still doesn’t quite put its subscriber … finish reading Sirius Subscriptions Bounce Back a Bit
Amazon.com Widgets I keep reading all this hype about how HD Radio is the big audio deal at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show, yet I fail to quite see what’s so exciting. Sure, there are some new models of HD … finish reading Radio at CES: Hype for HD Radio, but price is still the biggest barrier