- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- General discussions • Should the FCC mandate C-QUAM AM stereo for FM receivers?
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- Who doesn’t like free? Spotify channels iPod shuffle for free smartphone app users
- Radio Making Workshops in UK in Name of Radio Arts
- Podcast Survivor: Stitcher Awards 2013 open for nominations, Tom Scharpling turned down a Best Show paycheck, +more
- Eclectic gifts for the radio, podcast and streaming music fan (or nerd)
- Want to revitalize AM radio? Start with better receivers
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: podcast
The second annual Los Angeles Podcast Festival happens this weekend, Oct. 4 – 6. Since L.A. seems to be home to the greatest density of well-known comedy podcasters, that is also the general emphasis of the festival, featuring appearances from … finish reading Podcasting News: LA Festival this weekend, Podcast Awards nominations open
The man behind the alleged podcasting patent, James Logan, took on the geeky masses at the tech website Slashdot with a Q&A session on Monday. Given the average Slashdotter’s objection to patent trolling, one user asked Logan why he would … finish reading Accused podcast patent troll steps into Slashdot’s “lion’s den”
Here’s a few items about podcasting that have crossed the transom in the past week or so that should be of interest to the Podcast Survivor: PopMatters music reviews editor Colin McGuire sees fit to launch a piece In Defense … finish reading Podcasting stories of note: In Defense of Podcasting; Podcasting Women
I am jealous that my Radio Survivor colleagues Jennifer and Matthew were both able to attend the What is Radio? conference this past weekend in Portland, OR, while I could not. Nevertheless, I am glad that they were able to … finish reading What is Radio? conference podcasts, for those who couldn’t be there
Podcast review: Call Chelsea Peretti, episodes #3 & #5 Rating: 3.5 / 5 Call Chelsea Perretti is a weekly call-in podcast produced by the Feral Audio Podcast Cooperative. Each week, Peretti, a veteran stand-up comedian and former writer for The … finish reading Podcast Survivor: Call Chelsea Peretti
Earlier this fall I started reviewing podcast episodes, and while I got a strong start, I realize the output has been a little meager lately. Reviewing podcasts is a bit like reviewing television programs – there’s a neverending supply every … finish reading Paul’s 7 favorite podcast episodes of 2012
Popular podcaster and comedian Marc Maron hosted the 2012 Stitcher Awards Tuesday night in San Francisco. 160,000 Stitcher users voted for radio shows and podcasts across 20 categories for this first installment of the awards. When I first wrote about … finish reading Podcasts dominate 1st annual Stitcher awards
Podcast review: You Are Not So Smart #5 – Selling Out Rating: 3/5 I first found journalist David McRaney’s You Are Not So Smart blog almost three years ago when he first started publishing short pieces exploring all sorts of … finish reading Podcast Survivor: You Are Not So Smart #5 – Selling Out
Podcast review: Back to Work #88 – So Many Reasons To Cry Rating: 3 / 5 Back to Work can be a frustrating podcast. Featuring productivity guru Merlin Mann and interlocutor Dan Benjamin, the podcast is ostensibly about strategies for … finish reading Podcast Survivor: Back to Work #88 – So Many Reasons To Cry