- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- General discussions • Spotify ipod free . . . but can you catch the catch?
- General discussions • Build your own radio transmitter in England!
- General discussions • Should the FCC mandate C-QUAM AM stereo for FM receivers?
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- LPFM Watch: 19 applications for new community radio in the Second City
- The state of global DAB and DAB+ radio
- Who doesn’t like free? Spotify channels iPod shuffle for free smartphone app users
- Radio Making Workshops in UK in Name of Radio Arts
- Podcast Survivor: Stitcher Awards 2013 open for nominations, Tom Scharpling turned down a Best Show paycheck, +more
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: Prometheus Radio Project
Update Nov. 21, 2013: The FCC actually released the official application total earlier than expected. See our updated report for details: Official count of LPFM applications lower than some expectations There’s been a bit of speculation amongst low-power FM community … finish reading Official count of LPFM applications to be released in a week
The final schedule has been released for the Future of Music Summit, happening next Monday and Tuesday, October 28 – 29. The agenda for the 12th annual summit features 20 sessions and events with more than 50 speakers, advocates, musicians … finish reading Final schedule for Future of Music Summit released, features discussions important for radio
As they promised, a coalition of low-power community radio support groups submitted a filing with the FCC today, the Commission’s first day back at work after the government shutdown, addressing the LPFM licensing window that was originally scheduled to open … finish reading Groups request LPFM application extension from FCC due to government shutdown
There are just a little more than two days left in Prometheus Radio Project’s IndieGogo fundraiser. As I explained when the fundraiser went live: The goal is to raise $20,000 by October 9 to help support the most promising groups … finish reading 2 days left to help Prometheus support the next wave of LPFM community radio
The government shutdown was the topic of our weekly email newsletter, the Radio Survivor Bulletin, this week. In it we touched on its effect on the upcoming low-power FM licensing window, as well as the impact on indecency and unlicensed … finish reading Groups making post-shutdown plans for LPFM support
If all goes right this October’s LPFM licensing window will result in a pile of construction permits issued to promising new community radio stations. Prometheus Radio Project is looking forward to supporting those new stations, launching its first crowd funding … finish reading Prometheus crowdfunding to support LPFM build-out
We’ve been writing quite a bit about low-power FM radio here at Radio Survivor. That’s because we think it’s an incredible opportunity to greatly expand community media in the US. It’s also a chance for online-only college stations to take … finish reading Don’t be discouraged – We dispel 2 LPFM myths
Updated November 21, 2013 Summary Low-Power FM (LPFM) is a class of non-commercial FM station intended for non-profit groups to create non-commercial stations that are both inexpensive to build and operate. Because of their low power levels they serve limited … finish reading About Low Power FM
The Prometheus Radio Project is honoring veteran community radio supporter and activist Nan Rubin with a fund named for her. The Nan Rubin Community Impact Fund will provide scholarships for services to assist groups in building low-power FM community radio … finish reading Fund to support new LPFM stations named to honor community radio veteran Nan Rubin
The opportunity for new low power community radio is coming this October, and Prometheus Radio Project is hosting a free hour-long webinar to help your community group get on the air. The webinar happens Wednesday, June 26, at 8 PM … finish reading Prometheus to host webinar for LPFM station opportunity