- FCC announces waivers for tornado relief fundraising on non-comm stations
- Delving into Family Radio’s Finances Two Years after Judgment Day
- Is Radio Shirking its Public Service Duty During Disasters?
- Pirate radio round-up: turntable.fm feeds NM station; FCC picks low-hanging fruit in Miami and Oregon
- Will the end of driving mean the end of radio?
- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale fm HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC kfjc KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pandora pirate radio podcast Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history religious radio satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Turntable.fm unlicensed radio wfmu wrvu
Tag Archives: Prometheus
NPR has weighed in again on how to implement the Local Community Radio Act of 2010, which gives the green light to more Low Power FM signals across the country. The ex parte filing takes on the question of whether … finish reading NPR on Low Power FM: license translators first
As expected, at today’s open FCC meeting the Commission released a Third Further Notice of Proposed Rule Making which lays out a plan of action to both clear out the queue of pending translator station applications and to begin taking … finish reading FCC proposes action for more LPFM community radio stations
The National Association of Broadcasters has never been a friend to low-power community radio. Back in 2000, when the FCC first created the service, the NAB did everything it could to try and keep it from becoming a reality. While … finish reading NAB still using misinformation to defeat low-power radio expansion