- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- General discussions • Spotify ipod free . . . but can you catch the catch?
- General discussions • Build your own radio transmitter in England!
- General discussions • Should the FCC mandate C-QUAM AM stereo for FM receivers?
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- LPFM Watch: 19 applications for new community radio in the Second City
- The state of global DAB and DAB+ radio
- Who doesn’t like free? Spotify channels iPod shuffle for free smartphone app users
- Radio Making Workshops in UK in Name of Radio Arts
- Podcast Survivor: Stitcher Awards 2013 open for nominations, Tom Scharpling turned down a Best Show paycheck, +more
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: radio history
Arcane Radio Trivia’s Jose Fritz (one of the first people who I profiled for my Radio Obsessives series) just wrote up a nifty post about the early days of radio at Temple University in Philadelphia. He unearthed a 1947 account … finish reading Early Radio History at Temple University
I was doing a random search on Twitter this weekend when I ran across a photo of a radio reception stamp for the first Haverford College radio station WABQ. It turns out that some of the current radio station participants … finish reading Ekko Radio Reception Stamp Hints at Early Days of Radio at Haverford College
San Jose State University’s student radio station KSJS turned 50 yesterday. The 90.5 FM station broadcasts at 1500 watts from San Jose, California. I visited KSJS back in March, 2009 and the philosophy of the station seems largely the same … finish reading KSJS Celebrates 50th Anniversary
The 2nd annual World Radio Day is scheduled to take place in less than two weeks, on February 13, 2013. According to UNESCO’s website, World Radio Day is “a day to celebrate radio as a medium; to improve international cooperation … finish reading Special Events to Mark World Radio Day on February 13
I’m looking forward to this Sunday morning, when I will be on the Gramophoney Baloney show again over at Radio Valencia in San Francisco. This week the show’s host DJ McShmormac is planning a four hour Armistice Day special. I … finish reading What if broadcast radio had taken off around 1906 instead of the 1920s?
On Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending the California Historical Radio Society‘s annual Radio Day by the Bay at historic radio station KRE in Berkeley. Having never been to KRE, I was excited to explore not only the station, … finish reading California Historical Radio Society’s Radio Day by the Bay Attracts Radio Fans to KRE
I’m hoping that I can finally make it out to Berkeley to visit the historic KRE during the annual Radio Day by the Bay on July 21. I had no idea that the group behind this event, the California Historical … finish reading California Historical Radio Society is Seeking Funds to Buy Historic KRE Building
Today the Museum of Broadcast Communications hosted its grand opening at its Chicago headquarters at 360 North State Street. This is the third location for the museum, which has faced a number of challenges in its 25-year history. Now open … finish reading Chicago’s Museum of Broadcast Communications Opens its Doors
On my Spinning Indie blog I have an ambitious project in which I’m trying to profile a college radio station from each of the 50 states in the U.S. I started the series in October, 2008, when I took my … finish reading College Radio 50 State Tour – South Carolina’s WSBF
I’ve spent the past through days digging through college radio history artifacts and it’s been inspiring to read about the passion and energy that has gone into building radio stations on campuses across the country since the 1920s. University of … finish reading College Radio History Lesson: KUOI’s 1945 beginnings at University of Idaho