- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- Rough notes: the case for radio deejays talking over music
- Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
- Podcast Survivor: Entrepreneur Jason Calacanis invests $250k in podcast app Swell
- REC Networks Questions 245 LPFM Applications Filed by Hispanic Christian Community Network President
- FCC Offers Guidance for LPFM Hopefuls and Begins to Dismiss Faulty Applications
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: radio
I spied some very interesting radio deals at Amazon as part of both its “Countdown to Black Friday” and today’s “Lightning Deals.” Any Amazon purchase you make through one of our links helps us keep the lights on, at no … finish reading Score some great radio deals and help out Radio Survivor
As Radio Survivor’s technology editor, I have to come clean as the biggest audio nerd here. That’s why I’m seriously geeking out over this Pop Chart Lab poster of the “Advance of Audio Apparatuses.” If their marketing strategy was to … finish reading Decorating for audio nerds: “Advance of Audio Apparatuses” poster
Commercial radio in the UK turns 40 years-old this week. Here in the US we tend to take for granted that broadcast media would be funded by commercials interrupting our programs several times an hour. But the rest of the … finish reading UK commercial radio turns 40 this week
As I publish this piece Wednesday evening it is increasingly likely there will be military attacks on Syria by the US, Britain and allies in response to evidence that the Syrian government carried out chemical weapons attacks on its own … finish reading What outside radio and information are available to the people of Syria?
The 2nd annual World Radio Day is scheduled to take place in less than two weeks, on February 13, 2013. According to UNESCO’s website, World Radio Day is “a day to celebrate radio as a medium; to improve international cooperation … finish reading Special Events to Mark World Radio Day on February 13
While millions of US viewers watch the Super Bowl on television, even if just to see what advertisers do with the season’s most expensive ad time, millions additionally will tune in on the radio. While SiriusXM will be offering up … finish reading Catch the Super Bowl on the radio, too
Since I write about radio on pretty much a daily basis, I’m more obsessed with the Federal Communication Commission (FCC)’s database than your average citizen would be. Often it’s the first place where a seasoned radio reporter can find breaking … finish reading FCC to Allow Licensees and Consumers to File More Pleadings Online
Imagine this: You’ve just come up with a neat idea and you want to make it a reality. The very first thing you need, though, is money. And if you don’t have it, your dreams and ambitions will probably never … finish reading Five Kickstarter radio projects that worked
Republican Senator Scott Brown and his Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren have released dueling radio statements over the Blunt Amendment, which would give the green light to heath insurance providers to nix birth control coverage for “religious beliefs or moral convictions.” … finish reading War over birth control coverage hits Boston radio
We, your humble Radio Survivors, are unabashed fans of broadcast radio. That much should be clear to anyone who peruses our site. But we hope that readers also see that we don’t limit ourselves to the AM, FM and shortwave … finish reading Podcasting, satellite, internet and broadcast: it’s all RADIO to us