- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- Rough notes: the case for radio deejays talking over music
- Open letter asks AOL to hand off Winamp to new stewards
- Podcast Survivor: Entrepreneur Jason Calacanis invests $250k in podcast app Swell
- REC Networks Questions 245 LPFM Applications Filed by Hispanic Christian Community Network President
- FCC Offers Guidance for LPFM Hopefuls and Begins to Dismiss Faulty Applications
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: Spotify
Twitter has 49 million users every month in the US. Facebook has 198 million. There are about 6 million US Spotify users. What about terrestrial broadcast radio, that old-school, supposedly dying analog medium? Radio has 241.8 million listeners per week, … finish reading With 241 million users radio kicks Facebook and Twitter ass
I spent some of this weekend up to my nose in Soundrop, a Spotify chat room application. Soundrop has been available for about two years. I wouldn’t call the feature competition for plug.dj or its predecessor, Turntable.fm, but it is … finish reading Dropping by Soundrop: Spotify’s chat room feature
I am reading Paul Riismandel’s summary of Day One of the Future of Music Summit. It appears that all digital music policy discussion roads lead to Spotify. “It seemed like every [FOMS] conversation that dealt even a little bit with … finish reading Talking Heads: debating the Spotify “rental” market
Fighting off as-yet-undiagnosed intermittent internet issues I still managed to watch a good portion of several Monday sessions from the Future of Music Summit in Washington, DC. While I cannot report substantially on any one session, I can give my … finish reading Radio should pay & no consensus on Spotify: Impressions from day 1 of the Future of Music Summit
The “what is radio” debate resurfaced earlier this month. Do Pandora and other streaming music services qualify as “radio”? Jennifer Lane, President of RAIN Summits, pronounced the question irrelevant at her Audio4cast blog. ”I say who cares whether it’s radio or … finish reading When Pandora becomes radio: why exportability matters
I have no doubt that lots of you Radio Survivor readers are Spotify aficionados, but for the uninitiated, you really should learn how to make a Spotify playlist and export it to your blog. Here are the deets: First, join Spotify … finish reading How to export a Spotify playlist for your blog
Google introduced its entry into the on-demand music streaming market at its recent developer conference Google I/O. Sitting atop its existing Google Play media store, the awkwardly named Google Play All Access provides Spotify-like listening to a large music library, … finish reading All Access brings on-demand Spotify competitor to the Googleverse
Earbits has been around for about two years, running a nice site full of curated music channels where independent artists can strut their stuff. Nothing earth shattering about this; we’ve been reviewing indie oriented streaming sites for years. But then … finish reading At Earbits radio you promote the music, earn “Groovies,” and listen on demand
Spotify reportedly pushing for more free mobile listening, but billing problems spoil experience for some
If you enjoy a free Spotify account you’re used to listening to the service’s large music catalog from your computer, but not your mobile device. That’s because mobile listening is only available to paid customers, although you can get a … finish reading Spotify reportedly pushing for more free mobile listening, but billing problems spoil experience for some
The folks in marketing and research are getting tired of the “Is Pandora radio” debate, it seems. But I still think the question matters. First, here is what they are saying, followed by why I disagree with their premises. In … finish reading Is Pandora radio? Why the question still matters