- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
- High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
- CPB probes StoryCorps “multimedia conglomerate” charges
- College Radio Survivor: College Radio News Round-Up
- DC Update: Innovation Act passes House, Republicans announce Comm Act update
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: Turntable.fm
I spent some of this weekend up to my nose in Soundrop, a Spotify chat room application. Soundrop has been available for about two years. I wouldn’t call the feature competition for plug.dj or its predecessor, Turntable.fm, but it is … finish reading Dropping by Soundrop: Spotify’s chat room feature
Turntable.fm has announced that it is sunsetting Piki.fm, which the company described as a “laid back” alternative to its better known social networking service. Here’s from tt.fm Billy Chasen’s latest blog post: “I’m also sad to announce today that we … finish reading Turntable.fm: goodbye Piki; hello SoundCloud
The “what is radio” debate resurfaced earlier this month. Do Pandora and other streaming music services qualify as “radio”? Jennifer Lane, President of RAIN Summits, pronounced the question irrelevant at her Audio4cast blog. ”I say who cares whether it’s radio or … finish reading When Pandora becomes radio: why exportability matters
Pirate radio round-up: turntable.fm feeds NM station; FCC picks low-hanging fruit in Miami and Oregon
Maybe it’s because spring is in the air in North America, but pirate radio is bubbling up a bit in the popular consciousness, as well as the FCC’s. Seems like a good time for a pirate radio news round up. … finish reading Pirate radio round-up: turntable.fm feeds NM station; FCC picks low-hanging fruit in Miami and Oregon
Halloween approaches, and the more creative among radio folk are preparing for the occasion. Turntable.fm has once again broken out the Halloween avatars. Here are some samples: “They’ll only be here for a limited amount of time,” tt.fm warns, “so … finish reading Spooky symphonies! NPR, Turntable.fm, and Pandora gear up for Halloween
I spent some time in Hong Kong and Japan in July, and when I came back, a minor revolution had taken place at my favorite turntable.fm room: Classical of Any Kind (or COAK as the regulars call it). I guess you … finish reading Roll over Boothoven! inside turntable.fm’s bot revolution
The Turntable.fm Android application is finally available (oddly unannounced this weekend on tt.fm’s official blog). I tried it on Saturday, and it works very well on my Droid X. Nice, economical interface. The chat feature is very clear and easy … finish reading Turntable.fm for Android is out, but is tt.fm really a desktop app?