- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- General discussions • Should the FCC mandate C-QUAM AM stereo for FM receivers?
- College Radio • Free streaming from Radio Free America; interested?
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- Podcast Survivor: Stitcher Awards 2013 open for nominations, Tom Scharpling turned down a Best Show paycheck, +more
- Eclectic gifts for the radio, podcast and streaming music fan (or nerd)
- Want to revitalize AM radio? Start with better receivers
- Radio Free America crowdfunds free streaming & community platform for college radio
- Six awesome SoundCloud dance radio stations
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: World Radio Day
In celebration of World Radio Day 2013, almost 350 producers have submitted one minute tributes to the wrd13 website. They come from Egypt, Ireland, Columbia, Bulgaria, Indonesia . . . pretty much everywhere. You can listen to them via this … finish reading Hundreds of international producers submit tributes to World Radio Day
On the occasion of World Radio Day, a special event focused on LPFM opportunities will take place in Seattle today. Brown Paper Tickets is presenting a free community open house and press conference featuring several non-profit groups who plan to … finish reading LPFM Hopefuls Convene in Seattle for World Radio Day
Happy World Radio Day Radio Survivor readers! Apropos, every year Radio Gwendalyn puts out a call for radio visions and the Swiss web radio outlet airs them during The Gwenstival. This year the celebration of adventurous radio content will stream … finish reading Global radio will converge at the Gwenstival in Switzerland
The 2nd annual World Radio Day is scheduled to take place in less than two weeks, on February 13, 2013. According to UNESCO’s website, World Radio Day is “a day to celebrate radio as a medium; to improve international cooperation … finish reading Special Events to Mark World Radio Day on February 13
In honor of the 2nd annual World Radio Day on February 13, Fundación Comunica and the International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) are creating a series of short radio pieces on the topic of radio. They are inviting radio … finish reading Pitch Your Radio Story for World Radio Day
Regular readers of Radio Survivor likely are aware that we’re big fans of independent media, especially, and obviously, independent radio. It seems quite serendipitous that during the same week as World Radio Day we also have Support Your Media Day. … finish reading Today is Support Your Media Day
On Radio Survivor today we are celebrating radio around the world in honor of World Radio Day. Matthew Lasar gave an update about free speech and dissent over the airwaves in his piece, “Radio Dissenters: The Global Struggle for Free … finish reading World Radio Day Feature: Student Radio in Ireland
As the United Nation’s UNESCO agency celebrates World Radio Day, it is important to remember that independent radio broadcasters around the globe face constant hostility from their governments. They must contend with regimes that politicize the licensing process, explicitly forbid … finish reading Radio dissenters: the global struggle for free speech
Monday, February 13, 2012 is World Radio Day as proposed by UNESCO back in September. According to the UNESCO website, “13 February is a date proclaimed by UNESCO to celebrate radio broadcast, improve international cooperation among radio broadcasters and encourage … finish reading Celebrating World Radio Day on February 13
This week, the executive board of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) approved a proclamation (PDF) for the establishment of a World Radio Day on February 13 (in honor of the day in 1946 that the United … finish reading UNESCO Proposes World Radio Day