- Please support Radio Survivor by buying Amazon products:
- Podcasting • Podcast Survivor: Crowdfunding Destination DIY
- College Radio • College Radio DJs Share Tips at Fall 2013 UCRN Event at KUCI
- Podcasting • The economics of podcasting further explored
- Podcasting • How hard is it to make money via podcasting?
- General discussions • Philippines typhoon HAM radio assistance
- General discussions • What are the hottest plug.dj communities?
- Community Radio • Comeback for Free Speech Radio News?
- General discussions • Re: Supporting and funding independent radio
- General discussions • New Chairman, New FCC?
- General discussions • Re: Radiosearchengine.com
- Radio Free America crowdfunds free streaming & community platform for college radio
- Six awesome SoundCloud dance radio stations
- More radio history books for the holidays (or any time)
- High School Radio News Round-Up: More Sports at KMIH, Students Back at WEPS
- CPB probes StoryCorps “multimedia conglomerate” charges
TagsAM best college radio stations Chicago Classical Public Radio Network Clear Channel college radio college radio license sales college radio station sale commercial radio community radio Family Radio FCC fighting a radio station sale HD Radio high school radio Internet radio iPhone KDFC KPFA KTRU KUSF Last.fm Low Power FM LPFM NAB NPR Pacifica Pandora pirate radio podcast podcasting Prometheus Radio Project public radio radio radio conferences radio history satellite radio Save KUSF Sirius/XM Sirius XM Spotify Turntable.fm unlicensed radio WBAI wfmu
Tag Archives: wrvu
As we reflect back on 2012, there’s no clear answer about the state of college radio. In a way, college radio may be getting back to normal following a particularly dramatic 2011. Although some stations left the air this year, … finish reading 2012: A Mixed Bag for College Radio
On August 9, Vanderbilt Student Communications (VSC) filed paperwork with the FCC indicating their desire to assign the license for former college radio station WRVU 91.1 FM (now known as WFCL) to Nashville Public Radio. Ever since June, 2011, Nashville … finish reading Paperwork Filed with FCC to Assign Former WRVU License to Nashville Public Radio
Jennifer and I attended the Grassroots Radio Conference this past weekend in Urbana, IL. These are my old stomping grounds, having lived in the twin college towns of Champaign-Urbana for about 13 years until 2008. Home to the University of … finish reading Community radio broadcasters and builders converged at GRC 2012
This week, WRVU Friends and Family filed a Petition to Deny the license renewal for the Vanderbilt University radio station WFCL. Known as WRVU until June 1, 2011, WFCL is the non-commercial educational radio station licensed to Vanderbilt Student Communications … finish reading WRVU Supporters File Petition to Deny College Radio Station’s License Renewal
The champagne is chilling in the ‘fridge, marking the end of another year. As I look back on the events of 2011, it’s been a rough year for college radio. But, at the same time, 2011 will go down in … finish reading 2011: The Year that College Radio Fought Back
In the past year, a number of high profile college radio stations have been moved off FM. Many claim that we are in the midst of a crisis, in which university officials are contemplating selling or leasing their valuable FM … finish reading Saving College Radio Panel at CMJ offers Tips for Stations in Peril
Students who returned to their campuses this fall at University of San Francisco (USF), Vanderbilt University, Brown University, and Bryant University found, much to their surprise, that their FM radio stations have been taken off the air. In the past … finish reading College Radio’s Fight for FM
Today marks the first annual College Radio Day. More than 350 stations all over the United States and Canada have signed up to participate. The concept’s fairly simple, it’s a day when people are encouraged to tune in to college … finish reading 6 Things You Should do to Support College Radio on College Radio Day
Each and every college radio station facing a potential takeover by an outside group has a unique situation and the twists and turns of the transactions taking place at KTRU, KUSF, and WRVU are evidence of that. In each case, … finish reading WRVU Sale May Violate Tennessee Non-Profit Regulations